Thursday, October 21, 2010

Postcards from the Gulf


The other day I was checking out the home pages on FB when I came across ‘The Illustrated Garden Val Webbs art studio’ talking about “Postcard from the Gulf” and I e-mail Val to see if it was to late to join and to my surprise it’s not so I went and found an old watercolor post card from Daniel Smith Co. that I could paint on, but wait! There are so many animals out there which one to paint?

So I went on the net to study the gulf and the animals that was hit the most and I found that the ‘Brown Pelican’ also called ‘American Brown Pelican’ was one of three animals that are still on the endanger subspecies list, and hit really hard by the oil spills so I had decided to start painting this beautiful bird... 



 

Here is the 1st stage of the painting...
 




Here is the 2nd stage of the painting....

 





 
Here is the 3rd stage of the painting... 

 




Here is a pic of the hold postcard...

 


No comments: